Thursday, January 26, 2006

PowerPoint rules

I like Guy Kawasaki's 10/20/30 rule of PowerPoint.

He suggests that you limit your PowerPoint presentations to:
  • 10 slides
  • 20 minutes for presenting the slides
  • Slides using 30-point or larger type
The 10-slide limit is a bit severe, but I like his emphasis on brevity and easily legible slides. Using 30-point type will stop you from cramming too much into a single slide.

I thought about this at a conference yesterday. Even when I sat just five rows back, I didn't have a prayer of reading some of the presenters' slides. When I sat in the back of a long narrow room, all of the slides were illegible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamabalaya said...

A personal pet peeve of mine are powerpoint presentation that make the presenter redundant because they are simply reading the bullet points off the screen. At least, the 10 slide rule forces people to explain thier slides not merely read them.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home