Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"How to Get Your Prospect to Open Your Mail" from MarketingProfs.com

"How to Get Your Prospect to Open Your Mail" suggests two strategies for achieving this goal.
  1. "Make your mail look like personal mail"
  2. "Treat your outer envelope like a billboard"
It has been a long time since I've done any direct mail, but my mailings are so small-scale, they usually look like personal mail. Individually affixed stamps. No address labels -- sometimes the addresses are handwritten. I wish my handwriting were better.

The billboard approach means putting teaser copy on the envelope. It could be something as short as "FREE!"

Have you tried either approach? What results have you gotten? Is it time for you to try something new?

The author of this article is Ernest Nicastro of Positive Response. His article appeared in the MarketingProfs.com e-newsletter. I like this newsletter because it exposes me to good ideas in digestible chunks. Your subscription is free, with some content limited to paying subscribers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home