Wednesday, January 04, 2006

"Customer comments can contain pure gold"

Every week I scan Marcia Yudkin's Marketing Minute e-newsletter for tips that I can apply in my business.

Here's a recent tip that resonated with me:

"Customer comments can contain pure gold. Many of my most in-demand services came about from a suggestion made by someone who wanted to do business with me."

That tip has worked for me. Ghostwriting is playing a larger role in my business mix because of client comments. They have inspired me to add consulting services to my menu. For example, I coached one ghostwriting client on how to pitch a column to an editor. Now I'm advising her on how to manage that editor as her monthly column begins.

To read more of Marcia's tips about lessons from her 25 years in business, click here.
The only connection that I have with Marcia -- besides subscribing to her e-newsletter -- is that I took one of her excellent adult ed writing classes back in the 1900s.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim 'Gonzo' Gordon said...

The more I read Marcia's newsletter, the more valuable it becomes. I agree - it's full of great information each and every time. And the tip to listen to your customer comments is great.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home